Tragus piercing The saga of the tragus piercing: final chapter

Tragus piercing
Tragus piercing
I think this should be the last mention of this troublesome piercing.
I got to a point where I decided the lump wasn't really visible anyway and gave up and just accepted it. Then it flared up again and a lump started forming on the front!
Tragus piercing


So I'd tried sea salt soaks, I'd tried the provided treatment stuff from the piercer, I'd tried chamomile tea bag compresses, I'd switched the jewelry to something that would let it drain better, I'd been on antibiotics, I tried steaming it, I tried yelling at it and threatening to kill its family, so I decided to try the last home remedy I'd found mentioned online Tea Tree Oil.
I know its good stuff, I also know its strong and had read it could make it worse as bacteria can adhere to oils and that it may burn the surrounding skin and a few other horror stories. But I was at the end of my tether, next step was plastic surgery.
So I started to apply it every morning and night, and for the first week it would sting like fuck every time. At the end of that week I noticed that the main lump at the back seemed to have dried out a bit, and formed a hard cap, which fell off. The remaining lump was tender underneath, but also noticeably smaller. "A-HA!!!!"
So then I upped the schedule to applications morning and night and whenever else I thought of it. Ive been going for 5 weeks now and both lump are nearly gone.
Its a normal looking piercing and I am thrilled. Theres relief that I don't have a possibly never ending battle with scar tissue. With proper jewelry in there and it all healed up, I can see the cute little piercing I'd wanted I finally the effect I'd wanted all along.



Tragus piercing
The tragus piercing is a perforation of the tragus for the purpose of inserting and wearing a piece of jewelry. The tragus projects immediately in front of the ear canal. The piercing itself is usually made with a small gauge hollow piercing needle, and typical jewelry would be a small diameter captive bead ring or small gauge post style piercing jewelry. A related piercing is known as the Antitragus piercing.